We are experts in site design, planning and infrastructure. Creating an amazing audience experience is at the forefront of everything that we do – and with over 40 years’ within the industry, we’ll have considered every conceivable option, issue or eventuality.
Effective planning and design is essential to the success of any festival or event production. Here at Judgeday, our team of site and production managers use their collective experience to ensure that every aspect of an event has been carefully planned and integrated from the outset. This is then translated into a site plan, along with supporting mood boards, project budgets and a proposal for moving the event forward.
Initially, we will conduct a site survey, taking into account the venue’s ground conditions, access to services and utilities, transport links, local community, environmental considerations and consult with our clients to fully understand their vision and values.
Levels of Support
- Access routes for HGVs that minimise trackway requirements and offer the most cost-effective solution without compromising your vision.
- Consideration of ground typography, to ensure correct and efficient positioning of services, stages and concessions.
- Wet weather planning to protect the ground and minimise risk.
- Pedestrian walkways, onsite traffic and deliveries and local traffic and transport links.
- Access routes for Emergency Services.
- Generator and power placement – creating banks of generators and being intelligent with cable runs.
- Water and other site services positioning, to keep services close to where they are required.
- Campsites and access.
- Stages and venue positioning, taking into consideration noise bleed, pedestrian thoroughfares and servicing.
- Food & Beverage concessions.
- Other concessions and sponsor activations.
- Back of House areas.
This cohesive approach to planning mitigates risks and costs whilst delivering an effective schedule for the event’s build and delivery. Rigorous and robust scheduling is vital in this process and something that our clients will often comment upon.
We have experience of working at many different types of venues, from English Heritage sites and greenfield sites, where ensuring the impact on the land is minimal, to urban sites, where transport networks and general disruption to the public needs to be negated.
Our in-house team of CAD planners utilise Google Earth and other useful technologies to create robust plans that take into account site lines, overhead power lines and trees etc.